Content & Photography
Please be mindful when sharing content and images from this blog. All content and photos are my own unless noted. If you would like to share any of the content and/or images from this blog, please be sure to link back to the original content you found here on Cobalt Chronicles.
Ashlee Hightower LLC d/b/a Cobalt Chronicles reserves all rights in and to its common law and registered trademarks, service marks, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights, including but not limited to text, graphics, photographs, video, and designs, belonging to Ashlee Hightower LLC. You cannot use, copy, modify, adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, print, display, perform, or publish any of our intellectual property.
Cobalt Chronicles works with several affiliate programs, including but not limited to rewardStyle, Amazon, and Quinn Street Financial. By clicking through and purchasing items on sites I link to and/or clicking through and signing up for credit cards I link to I may receive a commission. Cobalt Chronicles also occasionally partners with brands on sponsored posts and may receive gifted items. Any sponsored post will be indicated by language similar to “thank you to ‘brand name’ for sponsoring this post!” while any gifted items will be indicated by “c/o” standing for “courtesy of.”
Top US Life and style blog, Cobalt Chronicles, is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact me if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and I will gladly assist you.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data: Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing: Any operation or set of operations that is performed on Personal Data or on Sets of Personal Data.
Data Subject: A natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child: A natural person under 16 years of age.
We/Us/Our/I: we and/or us and/or our and/or I refers to Ashlee Hightower LLC d/b/a Cobalt Chronicles.
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, and transparent. Our Processing activities are lawful. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose for which the data is processed.
- Processing is done with minimal amount of data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited to a certain time period. We will not store Personal Data longer than necessary.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of any data we store.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of any and all data we store.
You, as the Data Subject, have the following rights:
- Right to Information: You have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to Access: You have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to Rectification: You have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to Erasure: In certain circumstances, you may request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to Restrict Processing: Where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to Object to Processing: In certain cases, you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to Object to Automated Processing: You have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling, and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. You may exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to Data Portability: You have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint: In the event that we refuse your request under the Right to Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us at [email protected]
- Right to Lodge a Complaint with Supervisory Authority: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the state of your residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes on your rights.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: You have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data We Gather
Information You Have Provided to Us
This might include, but is not limited to, your email address, name, billing address, home address, etc. Mainly information that is necessary for providing you with a product and/or service or to enhance your customer and user experience with us. We save the information you provide to us in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website.
Information Automatically Collected About You
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your shopping cart information, your IP address, your shopping history (if there is any) etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Publicly Available Information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you, including but not limited to registering your account, providing you with other products and services that you have requested, providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services, communicating and interacting with you, and notifying you of changes to any services;
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfill an obligation under law or contract;
- gain information via Google Analytics such as the country in which you reside in and how many pages you visit on our site; and
- ensure you are a real person and not a bot when leaving a comment on a post.
We use your Personal Data for legitimate reasons and/or with your consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- allow you access to comment on posts;
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing; and
- to send you emails after you have subscribed to our email list, whether you subscribed through one of the giveaways I participate in that requires your email in order to enter or whether it be from the subscription box on the blog.
We also Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- to administer and analyze our client base (purchasing behavior and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/services offered/provided; and
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction.
So long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or the same to your purchasing history/browsing behavior to be in our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for; and
- to leave a comment on blog posts.
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfill obligations arising from any legal matter and/or use your Personal Data as required by law. We reserve the right to make anonymous Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is made anonymous. We save your name and email so that we can send you emails/newsletters to which you can unsubscribe at any time.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context, and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests; and
- there would be appropriate safeguards for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who Else Can Access Your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers.
Connected Third Parties: Rewardstyle
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How We Secure Your Data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonyms and pseudonyms where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks with security software.
Even though we try our best we cannot guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and Other Technologies We Use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary Cookies // These cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality Cookies // These cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalized features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics Cookies // These cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services.
- Advertising Cookies // These cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Last modification was made 6/14/18.