One of my favorite pieces of clothing to break out during fall is an oversized blazer! I have a handful in my closet and really love how versatile they can be. I love wearing mine for speaking engagements, weekday happy hours, or on the weekends for date night or girls’ night out! I have a couple of neutral colors like the camel one I’m wearing in these photos, a white blazer, and a black one too! I also have two plaid versions as well! They are all staples in my closet that I wear over and over.
So let’s talk about how to style an oversized blazer for fall!
5 Tips on How to Style an Oversized Blazer
Like I mentioned, oversized blazers are really versatile and can be worn for so many different occasions. I’m sharing tips on how to style it for both work and for the weekend! Let’s jump in!
For work, you likely need to be polished. An oversized blazer can work in so many different type of work dress code environments.
2. You can also put a more tailored high neck, short sleeve blouse underneath the blazer too and again pair it with pencil fit black pants.
3. If you work in a more business casual type office setting, pair your oversized blazer with a fitted white t-shirt like this one and black pants. Cute loafers add a bit of casualness to the look!
4. If you work in a more creative type office, you can pair the oversized blazer with jeans (skinny or lose fit like the ones I’m wearing). I would recommend wearing a fitted t-shirt underneath and a cool pair of sneakers or mules.
5. My favorite way to style my oversized blazers are with high-wasted mom jeans, a cami or tank, and block heels. Last year’s version styled here! This is my go-to look when I’m speaking to Contracts for Creatives clients or potential clients on panels or in workshops. Most of my clients are creative entrepreneurs so the more relaxed look works well.
For the Weekend
The same goes for the weekend. An oversized blazer can be styled so many different ways!
2. Another option for date night is to pair the same look with super skinny black jeans.
3. For fall and winter, adding an additional layer with a high neck, long sleeve body suit and a scarf would be so cute!
4. The key to still looking put together on the weekend while wearing an oversized blazer is to still keep the bottom half somewhat tailored. Since the blazer is oversized, you don’t want to go too oversized on the bottom. If you opt for loose fitting pants, make sure they are cropped with a little bit of ankle showing.
5. Last but not least, roll the sleeves and push them up for a more relaxed feel for girls’ night out or date night!
Photos by Allie Provost