When Michael and I visited The Bahamas, I received a few direct messages on Instagram requesting a blog post on what to pack for a resort vacation. So today I’m sharing a what to pack for The Bahamas, a complete list of what I packed for our trip!
We visited the Baha Mar resort in January for 4 days and 3 nights. If you missed my full review of Baha Mar, check it out here! My packing list can easily be adopted for any Caribbean resort getaway.
What to Pack for The Bahamas
I’ve visited several Caribbean islands, including Punta Cana, Turks & Caicos, St. Croix, St. Thomas, Jamaica, and St. Maarten. No matter where I’ve stayed, resort, hotel, condo, all-inclusive, they all have the same laid back vibe. That’s to say that you don’t need to pack anything too fancy. I would forgo any high heels.
For Travel Days
You’ll need to account for two travel days. I usually dress pretty put together on my way to destinations and like to pack an athleisure look for the trip home. Regardless, be comfortable, but put together.
On the way there:
- Amazon sunglasses
- Grayson heart print button down (lightweight) (wearing a 2)
- Sweater cardigan (for the plane)
- Amazon denim (run TTS)
- Golden Goose sneakers (run TTS, normally a size 7, wearing 37)
I always pack a few workout type outfits as I like to get in workouts while on vacation, even if it’s just a walk around the property or a fun bike ride.
For daytime, all you need is pool/beach gear as that’s most likely how you’ll be spending your time. And even if you venture to a restaurant for lunch or cocktails, beach attire is acceptable almost anywhere during the day in The Bahamas (and most Caribbean islands).
- 3 bathing suits (I like to have one for each day) – I packed this one, this one, and this one.
- Cover ups – I packed this one, this one, and this one and one similar to this kimono.
- Flat sandals that can get wet. I wore this Everlane pair everyday.
- Beach bag (I also used these)
- Baha Mar, along with most Caribbean resorts, provides beach towels.
Baha Mar has amazing bars, restaurants, and clubs on site. They are all very well done and pretty nice! With that said, keep in mind that we’re still in The Bahamas – nothing is TOO fancy. I’d recommend leaving the heels at home. If you’re dying for some height, pack a pair of wedges. I always only pack flat sandals for two reasons: 1) to save space packing, and 2) to save my feet – most resorts are sprawling, including Baha Mar. I’m not looking to trounce around the resort in achy feet on vacation. For nighttime, I recommend packing a few sun dresses, maxi dresses, or cute tops and white jeans.
- White denim
- Lace camisole
- Shawl (in January it can get cool at night)
- I wore this pair of Nisolo sandals every night
- 2 maxi dresses (similar here and here)
- Beach bag (I also used these)
- Small crossbody for nighttime
- Kendra Scott jewelry – I kept it simple with this necklace, these earrings for daytime, and these earrings for nighttime (on sale!).
- Velvet headband (paired with a maxi dress at night)
- Beach hat (LOVE my Brixton (wearing XS)!)
- Sunscreen (mineral, non-toxic, and reef safe!)
- Morning skincare: Vitamin C serum, moisturizer with SPF
- Nighttime skincare: Cleanser, hydrating face oil (perfect for after a day in the sun), moisturizer, lip balm
- I always pack my own shower toiletries too as I never know what brands a hotel might have on hand. I have a travel set from Beautycounter (not currently available). Clean products on the go! Michael has this set.
- Book for the beach
- Snacks (I always bring my own snack bars for during the day at the beach)
- Collapsible coffee mug (I used this on travel days and for my morning coffee – perfect for bringing to the beach (no trash!))
Keep it casual and beachy, that’s my main recommendation! 🙂