Happy Friday! I hope you had a great week! Michael and I are leaving on Wednesday for a two week trip to Portugal and Morocco. So I spent my week running errands and prepping content to go live here on Cobalt Chronicles while I’m away. I’m planning on doing a lot of the same this weekend!
THIS WEEK’S BLOG POSTS
Is Rent the Runway Unlimited Worth a Subscription? // Have you tried Rent the Runway’s Unlimited subscription service? It’s awesome! I’ve used it on and off over the past 1+ year. It’s great for special occasions AND everyday wear! You can use my code, RTRASHLEE, for $100 off your first two months ($50 off each month).
cabi New Arrivals! // I shared cabi’s Fall Collection in August, and this week, they released their New Arrivals! I styled two pieces from the New Arrivals and shared my other top picks from the pieces! So many cute items for fall/winter! One thing cabi really does right is quality. The quality of their pieces is unbeatable!
This week’s workouts …
- Monday: Anytime Fitness weight workout + SoulCycle ride
- Tuesday: 3 mile run – Week 8 Half Marathon Training!
- Wednesday: Anytime Fitness weight workout
- Thursday: 30 minute walk (feeling a bit under the weather)
- Friday: Had a Anytime Fitness weight workout + SoulCycle ride scheduled, but still feeling under the weather so I took the day off to rest in preparation for 10 miles …
- Weekend: 10 mile run Saturday morning
Since I work from home most days, I like to have a podcast on in the background. As a result, I listen to a lot of podcasts throughout the week. Most are business related, but some are just for fun. Here’s what I listened to this week …
- Bad on Paper Podcast: Bad on Politics #1: Alyssa Mastromonaco on How The Primary Process Works & How To Get Involved In Politics (Grace & Becca launched a new, monthly series, Bad on Politics this week! I’m beyond thrilled to listen to this series as the 2020 elections swing into full gear.)
- Blamo! Exploring Fashion with the People Who Shape It: Danielle Nachmani (Stylist)
- Word to the Rise: Owning Your Niche with Jasmine Smith (Two DC friends launched this podcast this week! I love Jasmine and loved hearing more about her business!)
Things to Note
FREE Beauty/Skincare Products (Ends TODAY) // With your purchase of the Flawless In Five set (6 products that work together for an easy, everyday makeup look!), you’ll receive a free retractable foundation brush ($35 value)! This is an easy way to make a clean swap for a few of your makeup products! Promo ends TODAY!
PLUS, with ANY PURCHASE, I’ll mail you a sample of your choice when you place an order through my site, beautycounter.com/ashleehightower – I have tons of samples on hand right now, including samples of the Cleansing Balm, Facial Oils, Countermatch Regimen, and the new Coutnertime Regimen! I’ll see your email on my backend when you order. I’ll email you and you can pick your sample!
Fun Purchase // I mentioned last week that I caved and bought Away’s new Everywhere Bag (in navy canvas) to go along with my Bigger Carry On bag. I’ve been wanting a bag that fits nicely on top of my carry on bag, and you know I can’t say no to Away so here we are! I got it in, and it’s everything I’ve been looking for! It’s a nice size with room for my laptop and all of my other carry on items!
Michael and I are getting up bright and early on Saturday to run our long run for the week, 10 miles for half marathon training.
Later in the day, we’re attending a grand opening party for sweetgreen to celebrate its arrival to Houston – there are two locations in Houston now! I mentioned this last week, but sweetgreen ended up pushing the event to this weekend because of weather. 🙂
FAVORITE THINGS THIS WEEK
This week’s favorite things are items I’ve gotten in for our upcoming trip!
Joules Velour Striped Top c/o // This is the top shown in the photo above! It’s really soft, and I like the velour fabric and texture. The mustardy gold stripes are perfect for fall!
Teddy Fleece Lapel Coat c/o // I was blown away by this coat when I got it in. The quality is really great, and I love the caramel color! I can’t believe it’s only $59. I’ll have this piece on constant rotation all fall/winter! It’s available in several other colors too!
Tretorn Sneakers // I love, love, love the gold detailing on these easy sneakers! Can’t wait to pair them with jeans, dresses, and skirts! They’re currently on sale – use code STOCKUP19 for 20% off!
Have a great weekend!